COSTUMER PROJECT TOKECO'S WI.DE.
Camilo, an avid MTB’er and road cyclist had two very specific requests when he approached us:
First, he wanted an agile, fast rolling yet comfortable bike that he could take into singletracks and rough terrains. The second request was a custom paint job inspired by the all-time favorite G-Wagon.
Much like the 4×4 classic from the German automaker, the opencycle WI.DE. (Winding Detours) is capable of tackling even the most challenging terrain while still offering a nimble and luxurious ride quality. With the right set of tires the possibilities are endless!
As for the paint job, we went as far as ordering retouch paint samples from a Mercedes-Benz dealership to perfectly match the colors.
Camilo wanted to include the initials of his children somewhere in the bike, but went a step further and commissioned his own daughter to design the color scheme and the unique family logo you see in the back of the bike. At only 17 years old she’s already a great bike designer (#prouddad).
- Frameset: Custom painted Open cycle WI.DE.
- Groupset: Sram Force Mullet AXS (40T / 10-52T) with power meter
- Wheelset: Enve Composites AG28 650b
- Cockpit: Enve Composites (Handlebar, Stem, Seatpost)
- Tires: Rene Herse 650B × 48 Juniper Ridge TC
- Saddle: Fizik Terra Argo 160 mm
- Bartape: Fizik
- Bags: Apidura racing saddle bag and bolt-on top tube bag